Consumer brands, get started on Pinterest!
With 48.7 million users (April 2013) and explosive growth, there’s big potential even for consumer brands to themselves on the platform.
- 26% of online b2b marketers used Pinterest to distribute content during 2012.
- Pinterest referrals spend 70% more money than visitors referred from non-social channels.
- Visitors from Pinterest are 10% more likely to make a purchase over other major social media sites.
- Pinterest users spend 10% more money on average than Facebook and Twitter users.
- 43% of Pinterest members agree that they use Pinterest to “associate with retailers or brands with which I identify,” compared to just 24% of Facebook users who agree to the same use with Facebook
Here are a few links to more information on how to get started:
- Create your account and name a few boards of your own
- Join a group board or 2!
- Verify your website (if your a business or blog)
- Just start Start Pinning!
*Rydne, Anna. “Pinterest: B2B Boards That Will Dazzle Your Clients.” 13 April 2013. < http://socialmediatoday.com/coskills/1389951/pinterest-5-rules-b2b-boards-dazzle-clients >